Monday, June 18, 2012

Habibti's Fashion Pick-Me-Up


Hello There, Fashionistas!


Been in a fashion rut lately?
It's easy to fall into...

Maybe all the trends you loved are playing out now?
Or maybe you just want to do something new with your style?



Try a different take on something you like -
a new spin on a staple item in your wardrobe.

Take shoes, for instance.
Your shoes don't have to be boring!
What kind of shoes do you like?
Perhaps find a pair with a really unique twist!


My latest fashion pick-me-up is lace-up heels!
Brian Atwood
Brian Atwood - Adara Lace-up Pumps


Brian Atwood

I recently came across a very inspiring photo of the late Tejano singer, Selena (shown above, on right), looking gorgeous in a pair of black lace-up heels.
Then, it hit me - why aren't women still rocking these?

I'm sure some of us are (somewhere), but this fashion item is so underrated!
I believe many fashionistas are a bit intimidated by this shoe...
and, when taken to the extreme, it can be a little frightening.

But don't make it a scary shoe!
In its simplest form, it's incredibly cute and easy to pare down.
In addition to the photo of Selena that inspired my love for these shoes,
I've included a modern take on an outfit with the shoe (left of Selena photo; from net-a-porter)
and two sassy twists (top photo, also from net-a-porter; bottom photo, from facebook).


Remember, don't be intimidated by fashion!
Trends and styles are inspired by YOU!
So, don't be afraid to express your unique creativity and have fun with your fashion!



If you liked what I've featured here, let me know ♥!
What element of your wardrobe are you going to spice up?


xoxo Habibti


P.S. - Your new fashion items don't have to cost an arm and a leg!
Here's a site that is great for finding new and exciting pieces.
More focused on unique shoes? This site is known for its super fun shoes.
Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment