Saturday, June 9, 2012

Intro & Wish List

Hello Fellow Bloggers (or blog readers ♥)!

I'm so excited to finally start blogging!


A little background info on me -
I am a fashion student and beauty enthusiast.
I've been aware of my interest in fashion since I was a kid.
However, I became intrigued with beauty when realizing one key fact:

Everyone is beautiful. Everyone. But it's up to us, individually,
to recognize the beauty in ourselves. To embrace it and celebrate it.

Only when we have done that, can we truly appreciate the beauty in others.
So stop being the first to point out that person's flawless smile or that person's amazing hair,
and start recognizing the beautiful, unique qualities in yourself ♥.
(Not that it's wrong to compliment others, but it's important not to cripple your self-esteem with how frequently you think of another person's traits and how infrequently you think of your own...)

I'm still a beginner when it comes to beauty products, so I'll mostly be posting my opinions
and reviews (based on personal results with a product).
As far as fashion, I'll post the piece(s)/runway shows that grab my interest.


To give you a better idea of what I'll be blogging about for the most part,
I've decided to share my wish list!
Ready?


Habibti's Wish List

  1. Ahava Mud Mask - this mud mask has received rave reviews (most recently, from pop star, Kat Deluna). Mostly, I stick to facial cleansers, moisturizers and sunscreen, so a mud mask regiment would be a new experience. Experts advise that mud masks should be used no more than twice a week. Also, the mask is usually applied after cleaning the face. (Be sure to read any instructions on any product you use, just to be on the safe side!)
  2. Flatforms - one of my favorite beauty bloggers recently posted a picture of herself in flatforms and they are just the cutest things ever! I've never been crazy about stilettos or extremely high heels, so flatforms are the perfect medium for me. They can be found at various retailers, by many brands, and come in so many shapes, sizes, and colors.
  3. Sephora Moonshadow Baked Palette: 'In The Nude' - being fairly new to the world of beauty, I got a bit excited with the idea of playing with color combinations around my eyes. But, as with most things, beauty should start with the basics. My sister brought Sephora's 'In The Nude' palette to my beauty rescue. This eyeshadow palette provides neutral colors that look nice alongside a variety of skin tones.
  4. TIGI S-Factor Diamond Dreams Shampoo/Conditioner - After hearing so many great things about this shampoo and conditioner, I'm dying to try it myself. This blog offers a break-down of ingredients in both the shampoo and conditioner. Speaks for itself, right?
  5. Amy Winehouse for Fred Perry Hawaiian Barrel Bag - I've been a devotee of Ms. Winehouse's music since '05, so I was stoked when I found out about her fashion collaboration with Fred Perry. Unfortunately, Amy passed before she could experience the success of her fashion lines. But her collections are pure reflections of her musical and visual aesthetic. Also, royalties and fees from the collections are donated to her foundation.


So, now that I've told you about my wish list,
I want to hear what's on YOURS!

Leave me a message in the comment section and tell me what you'd like your next buy to be!


xoxo Habibti

No comments:

Post a Comment