Sunday, February 9, 2014

Habibti's Style Icon - Carmen Jones

Hello Everybody!


Lately, I've been hooked on the film, Carmen Jones.
For those of you who haven't seen it,
it's a movie from the '50s,
featuring the illustrious Dorothy Dandridge as Carmen
and the handsome Harry Belafonte as Joe.

Carmen is a feisty, strong-willed woman
who seduces Joe, a betrothed soldier,
and convinces him to abandon the service and his fiancee,
thus changing the course of both of their lives.

Carmen had about six different outfits in the movie,
and all were iconic, classic and beautiful.
I fell so in love with her costumes,
I created a Carmen Jones inspired collage.


 
 
Some of the items in my collage would definitely be considered splurges,
but what I really aimed to capture was the free-spirited chic vibe of the movie -
flowing dresses, classy shoes, bright nail polishes, natural glowing make-up
and honey gold jewelry!
 
If you haven't seen the original Carmen Jones movie yet,
I highly recommend it!
The plot will keep you on the edge of your seat,
not to mention the catchy songs and breath-taking costumes.
 
 
What do you think of Carmen Jones's style?
Would you wear any of these items?
For those who decide to watch the movie,
let me know what you think!
(I could talk about this movie for daaays ♥)
 
 
 
xoxo Habibti

3 comments:

  1. Love the retro look the dress is sleek and chic, and figure flattering for curvaceous females. Love the shoes and the makeup palette. I will return for more fashion updates for Spring..Shalom! Ra'ah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not seen the movie with The late Carmen Jones, however, her style is classy. Question asked would I wear her fashion? Yes!!!. Shalom!
    Ra'ah
    like the accessories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments, Ra'ah! I'm so glad you enjoyed the post & I can't wait to hear more of your thoughts on future posts ♥!

      Delete