Thursday, October 10, 2013

October Favorites

Hello Everyone!

Can you believe it's autumn already?
(Goodness, I feel like this year just started
and we're already a few months away from 2014...)

This is one of my favorite times of the year ---
not just because of the gorgeous weather
(although that is a good enough reason, lol),
but also because we can bring out the knits
and the fall colors!

Autumn is in full swing and I'm bringing out the faves!



October Favorites
 
 
 
 
Talk That Talk by RiRi Hearts M.A.C. (2013 Fall Collection)
 
By now, I'm sure you guys have heard about Rihanna's previous collaboration with M.A.C. this past summer (with RiRi Woo - the singer's personal take on the fan favorite lipstick, Ruby Woo - being one of the biggest hits). Well, the new fall collection hit M.A.C. stores about a week ago and, I must confess, the Talk That Talk lipstick has successfully wooed me! It is a matte, deep plum color with a surprisingly warm undertone. And although the depth of color seems daunting, believe me --- it looks a lot darker than it wears!
*Unfortunately, it is currently sold out, but if you're feeling the dark plum color, try this lippy or this one.
 
 
 
Argan Oil Hair Mask by HerStyler
 

If you're like me, even something as simple as a change in weather can be brutal on your hair. Recently, a friend introduced me to the best hair mask I have ever used! I've tried a lot of hair products that claimed to contain argan oil and be good for hair, but none of them managed to tame my wild curls. With this mask, I saw the results instantly. Now, for the disclaimer - it's not cheap. But it comes in a large size, not much is needed, and results are so worth it. My hair was soft, smooth, untangled and manageable - not to mention, I noticed a lot less breakage!
 
 
 

Bow Shoulder Bag by RED Valentino
 
Ok, so I don't actually own this bag, but a girl can dream! I've found that my style tends to get a bit more neutral and earthy in tone during the fall season, so I like to add some girly flair with a feminine bag. A bow bag is one of many examples of how to mix in a touch of girliness without having a completely frilly outfit. While this designer bag is in the higher price range, a bag like this super cute one would also do the trick!
 
 
 
Fur Stripe Gilet by Unreal Fur
 
The ever-changing reaction to the fur trend never ceases to amaze me. One day it's "in", the next day it's cast into the deep abyss of unstylishness. Here's my verdict - don't fear the fur! Whether you favor a simple, classic fur or an edgier, patterned fur like the one pictured above, don't be afraid to step out of the box. For example, you can easily insert a little rock 'n' roll or 1940s Hollywood glam into your look - it all depends on what you choose. My personal choice? This faux fur gilet by Unreal Fur. However, I've also noticed pretty fur gilets and mini capes in stores like XXI and Charlotte Russe.
*Vintage furs are fun too! Check your local thrift store or even an online vintage store!
 
 
 
 
Those are just a few of the ideas I have in mind for fall... ♥
 
But no matter what ideas others may have,
remember to step out of the box and have fun with your style!
Try new things, go for new looks,
put different elements together and create something that is intrinsically YOU.
 
 
 
 
 
xoxo Habibti

No comments:

Post a Comment